[thelist] need help diagnosing problem uploading file to website

Sarah Adams mrsanders at designshift.com
Mon Mar 27 08:49:58 CST 2006

>> One of the users who regularly uploads documents to the site has, in
>> recent months, complained to me a few times of not being able to upload
>> documents to the site.

> Could she try with another browser?

One of the other people in her team is using Safari on a Mac and has the
same problem.

> This rings a bell... I can't quite remember, but I think I once had a
> similar problem, and it was caused by malfunctioning switch or router.

Could this effect only certain people, all coincidentally on the same
team, in an office and not others?

> Any pattern to this? In the mornings or afternoons? If an upload fails,
> how soon will she be able to upload successfully: immediately with
> another file, later the same day or only the next day?
>
> Are there any file types that *never* fail? Or can it happen with any files?

I'll definitely ask her these questions. Thanks for the great suggestions!

--
sarah adams
web developer & programmer