[thelist] Automatic Refresh [SOLVED]

Sarah Adams mrsanders at designshift.com
Mon Mar 27 10:33:18 CST 2006

> 1. I set the home page for this computers internet explorer to the web
> report in question.

You could just set the scheduled task to open that page in IE, without
needing to set it as the home page. Just add the URL for the page after
the path to iexplore.exe in the scheduled task, should look something
like this:
C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\IEXPLORE.EXE http://blah.com/mypage.asp

I wanted to mention this in case anyone else reading this wants to set
up a scheduled task to open a web page (works the same with Firefox,
BTW). But the other replies you've had about using SQL Job Agent are
most likely your best option in this case.

--
sarah adams
web developer & programmer