[thelist] Any script.aculo.us users out there?

Jacob Reiff jacob at jaacob.com
Mon Mar 27 15:30:21 CST 2006

> As for the other problem. I think this is also rooted in Prototype. It
> provides Element.show and Element.hide functions, which basically
> toggle the display property between 'block' and 'none'. And it is
> looking in the style property (last time I checked), so unless you
> have set the display property via script, or set it as an inline
> style, the first time it goes to toggle, it will hide, rather than
> show the element ??? (lots of guesswork here, sorry its been a while
> since i used this library)

One thing though - even though the first time it may be hiding rather
than showing the element, clicking on the element a second time does
not toggle back to "show" (block) if the element is hidden via an
external style sheet. It stays hidden regardless of how many times
you click.

So to say, it's not an annoyance that is overcome by clicking twice -
it will never appear.

Jacob