[thelist] Domain registration FUBAR

Larry Levenson larry at sigmawebstudios.com
Wed Mar 29 16:37:55 CST 2006

Unfortunately, Faye, this happens all too often. Call the registrar
and find out how to get the domain ownership transferred to the
rightful owner. Most registrars have a process for this which
involves the client company identifying themselves (logo, letterhead,
driver's license, etc) and completing the paperwork. If the domain
has expired, there will also be a fee to re-register it. Usually around $150.

As for making changes and seeing them show up in a registrar's
database. . . I have found that it may take up to 72 hours for db
changes to propogate across the internet.

I will say, too, that I especially like working with DomainSite.com
(I register all my domains there) since they allow you to easily go
in and change the domain owner information on the fly. This has saved
my clients a lot of pain and suffering., so I have consolidated all
of my 90+ domains there. [No, I don't work for them. .. just a VERY
satisfied customer.]

Hope this helps.
Larry