[thelist] Smearing graphics, happens in IE not FF

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Thu Mar 30 12:26:08 CST 2006

Jay Blanchard wrote:
> [snip]
> That should be /map.php.  It looks OK to me in IE 6 and FF 1.5 (not
> identical, but both are OK).  IE7b2 doesn't display the map at all
> (javascript error) on map.php, but does display other Google Maps.
> Still sounds like a hardware issue to me.
> [/snip]
>
> Can you tell me the JavaScript error for IE7b2?

I couldn't, but I'd been meaning to install the MS Script Debugger[0],
so now I get:
Line 679
Error: 'GBounds' is undefined.
It's just the first line of extensions to GBounds, starting with:
GBounds.CONTAINS = 0;
Never played with Google Maps before, so maybe someone else here has a
suggestion on how to fix it.

If you haven't already and you have a Windows machine handy, you might
try the IE7[1] with the standalone script[2].

[0] http://url123.com/brnxw
[1] http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie7/ie7betaredirect.mspx
[2] http://weblogs.asp.net/jgalloway/archive/2005/12/28/434132.aspx

--