[thelist] PHP Session ID stopping HTML validation

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Fri Mar 31 03:09:04 CST 2006

john at johnallsopp.co.uk wrote:

> The problem is PHP wants to put its sessionId between the form and the
> input: <form method='post' action='myP.php4'><input type="hidden"
> name="PHPSESSID" value="386bfe3c6ad31ed768ea88c0f3a809e7" /><p><input
> type='hidden' name='subc' value='1'> ..
>
> What's the solution to that?

Why does it matter - I mean, what dependency is there on the PHP side on
where in the form a hidden field goes? I have never come across a case
before where the order of "successful" form controls made any difference
to a form handler on a server. How bizarre. PHP sometimes _is_ bizarre,
but there must be limits...

Puzzled

Ian

zStudio - Web development and accessibility
http://zStudio.co.uk

Snippetz.net - Online code library
File, manage and re-use your code snippets & links
http://snippetz.net