[thelist] Getting screenshots to look good in Word (and then PDF)

Todd Richards todd at promisingsites.com
Fri Mar 31 08:21:39 CST 2006

Hi Rob -

What are you using to capture the screen shots?  I use Snag-It (by
Techsmith) and have had great success with it.  I think by default it
captures the entire active screen but I have my settings so that I can drag
around a selection to capture.  I then copy to clipboard and paste into Word
(cleaning up in PhotoShop if needed).  We have been very successful with
this.  The problems that we have seen with quality are when a large portion
is captured, then manually sized in Word.  I try to capture close to the
size I want, or edit in PS.  We use Word 2003 and Snag it 7+.

Also, the gif part might be the cause of the quality issues too.  I'm not a
print master but have seen better results with graphics saved as a .jpg.

HTH,

Todd