[thelist] Getting screenshots to look good in Word (and then PDF)

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Fri Mar 31 10:46:11 CST 2006

Todd Richards wrote:
> What are you using to capture the screen shots?  I use Snag-It (by
> Techsmith) and have had great success with it.  I think by default it
> captures the entire active screen but I have my settings so that I can drag
> around a selection to capture.... I try to capture close to the
> size I want, or edit in PS.  We use Word 2003 and Snag it 7+.

+1 for SnagIt. Recently-released version 8 will save directly to pdf.
The nice thing about SnagIt over, e.g., the PrtScrn key, is that you can
capture a dimensional portion of a window, the visible window or screen,
or a whole scrolling window, annotate it text and arrows and so on, and
save it to pdf or whatever format you like, all in about 30 seconds.

--
Max Schwanekamp
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/