[thelist] age old question: how to deal with addressbook export

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Tue Apr 4 14:45:49 CDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 23:00 +0800, 张韡武 wrote:
> snip..
> > : ........ The project is done in php.
> > : Now the requirement is to export the contact data. I think of CSV. But I
> > : am not sure how I will handle language information and/or multiple
> > : values of LDAP, e.g. the company have 3 addresses and each of them have
> > : 3 languages. Perhaps I should export to some spreadsheet format so that
> > : I can use different tabs for different languages.

This php application will talk ldap and then export to vcard, don't
recall if it does CSV too:

http://ugsrv.ug.edu.gh/phpldapadmin/documentation.php?view=changelog

Also found this that may interest you:

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200506/msg00133.html

heading out the door, so haven't checked further, but the post above
mentions that openldap.org does what you want so it may be worth
investigating too.
--
cheers,

        Mark