[thelist] PDF page with close button

Michael Sprague fuzzy2k at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 5 11:23:17 CDT 2006

I am working on a page for non-tech-savvy people who need to reference various different sections of a 140ish page pdf file in order to fill out forms they have been mailed or given in person.  The theory is they will open one page, look at it, then close it and look at another page... lather, rinse, repeat until done.  They will likely open from one to six or eight pages each.

  I need to be able open up a pop-up window from each of 39 different links on a page to display various different specific sections of a large pdf file.  The resulting page needs to have a Close button on it.

  The above gets me a pop-up window with my specific page in the pdf file displayed, but I am not sure what the best method is, to get a Close button on the page.

  I was thinking frames, but how do I open a frameset with a close button in one frame and 1 of 39 different pdf sections in the other?  I could do it with 39 different frame sets, but I was kind of hoping one of you js gurus might have a more elegant, less repetitive solution.

  My gut tells me that this is possible in js, but my brain isn't getting me the rest of the way there, and neither is my searching the web.

  Thank you.

Michael Sprague
  310.497.7850 c
  608.541.6532 fax