[thelist] What would you like to see in a resource site?

Steven Streight steven.streight at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 23:09:12 CDT 2006

On 4/20/06, Luther, Ron <Ron.Luther at hp.com> wrote:

  [QUOTE]

Steven Streight put forth some guesses as to the underlying reasons
> behind the secretive nature of the project.
>
> [snip]
>
> Now, however much fun it is to try to guess the motivations of people we
> don't know working at companies we've never worked at ... it really doesn't
> add to the 'signal' of offering helpful suggestions to Faye.
>
> [END QUOTE]

Not sure what "signal" you mean. This phrase: "doesn't really add to the
signal of offering helpful suggestion to Faye" is a subjective, judgmental
statement that implies a tangent, an Off Topic aside that must require a tip
as payment to the list.

To the contrary, I assure you that I spent the time and effort to write my
messages, with Faye's well being in mind. I was trying to warn her of
possible hidden agendas or clandestine aspects of this frustrating and
somewhat absurd situation she's unfortunately in.

I was not trying to scare her, nor was I trying to be hateful toward her
boss or company. I'm just being skeptical and my cynicism is based on a long
career in business. I hope that there really is a positive reality
underlying this weird circumstance.

As others have noted, this job assignment is quite odd, perhaps
unprofessional, and possibly dubious, if not worse. Corporate politics that
are counter-productive is one reason why America is rapidly losing ground to
overseas competitors in India, South Korea, and China...not that they are
pure and free from their own corporate or government politics.