[thelist] Subversion - multiple users on same working copy?

Mattias Thorslund mattias at thorslund.us
Mon May 1 11:49:18 CDT 2006

Ian,

No, you're not crazy. It's much better with SOME version control than
none at all.

Some quick ideas (not mutually exclusive):

Could everyone publish to an internal, testing site? Content could then
be pushed from there nightly (or whatever).  The current situation,
where people edit the production files directly, seems too risky to me.

The PHP programmers might be able to work on their local copies, while
giving content editors access to files/folders they edit on a shared
working copy. To get the updates from everyone else, the standard "svn
update" procedure applies.

Mattias