[thelist] Navigation inspiration needed

Stuart Young drstuey at gmail.com
Mon May 8 21:22:13 CDT 2006

On 09/05/06, Richard Brown <rich at cregy.co.uk> wrote:
> Having spent a lot of time experimenting I have ended up with this:
> <http://www.weddingcompanycornwall.co.uk/>
> Comments would be welcome.

I don't think the downwards pointing tabs work. Loses the tab metaphor.

When there is no content underneath the selected upper tab, (e.g. Mens hire
or Mother of the Bride) there is a line underneath it. This also loses the
tab metaphor. A tab is supposed to be joined onto the page (or if the page
is the wrong colour to a coloured bar underneath the tabs) and having a
border between them means they are not "joined on".

Have you seen the Yahoo design pattern library?

in particular
"Never stack multiple rows of tabs as this leads to confusion about the
selected layer versus inactive layer."

This is the gmail account of Stuart Young
Pt Chev, Auckland, Aotearoa New Zealand