[thelist] huge MySQL query in ASP without stored procedures

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Tue May 9 12:33:29 CDT 2006

> Canfield, Joel wrote:
> > done: http://www.spinhead.com/callquery.txt
> >
> Holy jabezzus!  Your poor sql box!  lol
>
> There simply has to be a better way.  3-deep subqueries is never good
> for performance, nor read-ability.
>
> This may take some time to tackle.

update: the vendor assures me that on our reporting box, the latest
version of MySQL should work fine; just can't update the live phone box.

So, I'll be tackling this from the perspective of stored procs and
views, etc.

Still be grateful for any feedback on tearing down and rebuilding that
call report.

joel