[thelist] Mail server woes.

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Tue May 9 12:50:40 CDT 2006

Anthony Baratta wrote:
> What mail service software are you running. What type of Server is the software hosted on?
>
> It sounds like relaying is not setup correctly on the new server. Normally you would only allow delivery to local accounts from any machine, and deny all remote accounts. Then allow remote account delivery for those users that have authenticated in some way.

I think it might be deeper than that (after much investigation)

The client is using IP 82.68.85.xxx which is black listed here:

http://relays.osirusoft.com/

but as the site says:

"Relays.osirusoft.com has not had valid data since August 26, 2003,
but people insist on using the data. Please contact the ISPs blocking
your mail and ask them to STOP using relays.osirusoft.com to filter email.
The reason for this downtime can be summed up in the following brief
statements."

I'm hoping someone at Voxtreme will check how they've set up the new
server and admit they *are* checking against this data...

;o)

--
Join me: http://wiki.workalone.co.uk/
Thank me: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/1VK42TQL7VD2F