[thelist] Vector EPS from Paint Shop Pro?

Austin Harris austin at dotmail.co.uk
Wed May 10 03:17:48 CDT 2006

I am guessing that this is for a vunyl cutting machine.

I have one of these machines and after a lot of experience it is best to have a properly drawn graphic from a decent vector program, (I use Illustrator). If it is a converted raster image it will always look jagged in places.

The machine will cut the lines only so always look at it in "line only" view, if there are overlapping lines, unjoined points etc. it will make it *VERY* difficult for the cut out vinyl to be useable...

On 10/05/06, Brooking, John <John.Brooking at sappi.com> wrote:
> Now, a sign company needs an image as a vector EPS from us, and we are just realizing that when Paint Shop Pro says output to EPS, it comes out as just a big raster.

I think PSP will save as .wmf and .psd without rasterizing.  Then it's
just a question of finding a way of converting those to .eps.  Is that
the *only* format the sign company accept?

--
LK

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/