[thelist] horizontal menu using a list

Justin Zachan justin at jazzmanagement.com.au
Wed May 10 18:05:39 CDT 2006

Hi. I am building a menu that is a list and is horizontal i.e.

.menulist li{
   display:inline;
   padding-right:5px;}

I want the menu to spread out evenly (from left to right) so it sits inside
a box that is 500px wide. I have spaced the menu items with a padding-right
value. This all works fine on a PC tested on IE and Firefox.

My issues is how it displays on a MAC... It all seems to be the way MACs
render text. It makes text "fatter". So my last menu item overflows the
500px box.

Does anyone know a way to make an inline list (menu) to fit into the 500px
wide space no matter how "fat" the text is??? i.e. look OK on a Mac... I
thought maybe justify somehow but I can't make that work...

Thx

Cheers

Justin