[thelist] CSS: Help with Layout - Some Code

Gina Anderson gina at sitediva.com
Thu May 11 16:57:46 CDT 2006

Okay, here is some code.

http://www.lensatlarge.com/help/attempt1.html (css in source)

The blue box is the spacer gif I am using for the "Logo" div. I combined the
logo and the background to show where "center" is on the header. (The
spacer.gif in the Logo div will later serve as alt text for accessibility)
My goal is to have the blue box centered on the logo no matter how
unbalanced the links are on either side of the logo. If I have six on one
side and two on the other, the logo still needs to be center. ;)

I can't seem to get the divs centered here though, inside the wrapper. I'm
using;

	margin: 0px auto;
	text-align: center;

In everyhting that looks like it needs it, but it's still stuck to the side.
I guess maybe we could work out the link/logo alignment issues when we can
at least get it centered?

Maybe it will help with some code to look at?

Thanks for the insight, everyone.

Gina