[thelist] redesigning a huge database

Rick den Haan rick.denhaan at gmail.com
Fri May 12 02:21:57 CDT 2006

Guys,

Thanks for the tips. As far as the database goes, we decided to somewhat go
with Hershel's idea and hired external help for that part.

We'll be building the app for internationalization from the start, so we'll
be keeping as much text output as possible out of there. We'll be using
seperate language files which include definitions as to charset, direction,
etc. for each language, to be included as needed. We're probably going to
use an array for that, I've seen that done in a couple of open source
applications.

If you think of anything to add, feel free to do so! But thanks so far.

Rick.