[thelist] passing object vars - php

Andrew Kamm akamm at demicooper.com
Mon May 15 08:01:03 CDT 2006

> (1) it generates a very long url as the object potentially contains
> quite a lot of data.

Indeed -- and $_GET vars do have limits. I would just use assign your
variable $str to a $_SESSION variable. Once you get to the new page,
transfer it to a non-session var and unset the session var so it's not
accidentally re-used.

> (2) The image file doesn't really know what sort of object it has.

You may already know, but you can test to make sure it's an object with
is_object(). Other than that, you could set a static property within the
image objects that you check for, that way it's unlikely that other types of
objects would get thru.

--
Andrew Kamm