[thelist] [SPAM] Re: asp.net: Reresh a page and keep viewstate

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Tue May 16 18:06:34 CDT 2006

-----Original message-----
From: Brian Cummiskey Brian at hondaswap.com
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 12:55:16 -0700
To: "thelist at lists.evolt.org" thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [SPAM] Re: [thelist] asp.net: Reresh a page and keep viewstate

> Casey Crookston wrote:
>

> > It's not possible to push data to the user.  So, how would you cause the
> > page to re-fresh while not loosing data in viewstate?
>
> AJAX :)

Just to pile on, this is the way to go. Plus you don't update the whole page. Only the messaeg to the user or just a section of the page.

Best thing to happen with web programming since sliced bread.

I recommend the Yahoo AJAX Tools as a place to start. They are a bit weird to work with (for me at least), but all the heavy lifting has already been written.

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/connection/