[thelist] FTP Problems on Mac

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Thu May 18 12:08:07 CDT 2006

On May 13, 2006, at 2:18 AM, Phil Morley wrote:

> I recently bought an iMac and have had serious problems connecting to
> my several FTP servers.

A short while back I was having a similar problem with one particular
server.  After trying several FTP programs and failing, I discovered
that a program called "Yummy FTP" could connect where none of the
others could.

The workaround without using this program was to turn off the
firewall, which for me was not an acceptable solution.

I have no idea what this program did "right" that failed in the others.

Steve