[thelist] 'Hijacking' sessions

Nick Daverin ndaverin at marian.org
Tue May 23 15:31:53 CDT 2006

I was wondering if there is a way to pass session data between sites...
Sort-of Œhijacking¹ my own session. As an example: On the one site, we
collect donations. All data is stored as session variables until the
purchase is completed. Then info we save is sent to a completely unrelated
(non accessible) database. We would also like to give people the option of
visiting our gift shop before they checkout. Now this site is on a different
domain, so even if I pass the session id [using session_id($_GET[Œsid¹]) for
example] the session variables I¹ve stored while on the first domain are
inaccessible so a user would have to check out twice. We use php on these
pages though some type of javascript solution could be implemented (as long
as I can explain how it works to my boss).

Thanks for any info!
-Nick