[thelist] <h1> + images + search engines penalties

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Wed May 24 13:08:29 CDT 2006

Message from Kimberley Rivero (5/24/2006 10:15 AM)

> > Does naming the class 'home' carry weight with search engines or non-visual
>browsers?
>
>When I took a search engine optimization class at IWA we were told
>that some search engines did not like to see a class assigned to an H1
>tag.  The teacher told us to modify headline tags by directly
>referencing them in CSS, rather than with a class or an id.  Not sure
>if SEs would care about an inner <.span> tag or not.

Interesting theory. I'd afford it about as much weight as a thimbleful of
feathers. Unless it can be backed by tangible evidence.

But then I tend to be inherently wary of so-called SEO "experts" anyways so
ymmv.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/