[thelist] Opera: div over iframe

kasimir-k evolt at kasimir-k.fi
Sat May 27 07:53:21 CDT 2006

Hello,

I've done a music player (requires JS & Flash) for a website. To
facilitate uninterupted playback while the visitor browses through the
pages, I've set the actual site to appear in an iframe below the actual
player elements - please have a look at
http://musex.fi/mxf/player/events?type=musex;eventId=32 to get an idea,
and click on "listen to tracks" links.

Visitors can click links on the site to add tracks to the player - more
than one link clicked, the rest are put on a playlist to wait for their
turn. Normally only the topmost item of the playlist is visible -
mouseover will make the rest appear over the iframe containing the site.
This works nice and everybody are happy - except on Opera - there the
playlist div refuses to apprar over the iframe.

I've been playing with z-indexes and even added an iframe behind the
div, but in vain.

So my question goes: in a documet I have a div and an iframe - how can I
make the div appear over the iframe in Opeara?

cheers,
.k