[thelist] javascript-based webpage translation framework?

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Mon May 29 15:25:00 CDT 2006

Usually translation is done on the server side. The web application I worked
on use a trans() or lang() PHP function to call for translation, generate
translated pages.

What if I need to do the translation on client side? A.k.a the page loads,
the javascript detect current user language and grab the translation for
this language from translation XML file from server (e.g. trans.de.xml), and
fill the page with translated text.

Perhaps there are some javascript-framework for this kind of client-side
page content translation? At least I know TinyMCE is using some special
client-side translation technique, but not sure if it is usable for other
situations.

--
Zhang Weiwu   Real Softservice
International business: http://www.realss.com