[thelist] Making designs openly available

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Thu Jun 1 11:52:33 CDT 2006

On 06/06/01 12:32 (GMT-0400) April apparently typed:

> I've been working on beefing up my resume lately, and one place where it
> really lacks is in recent design examples.  Rather than spend way too
> much time dreaming up content, I was thinking about doing a few designs
> and releasing them for others to use.  The site that originally gave me
> the thought was http://www.oswd.org/ but when I really took a look at it
> it appears to be mostly unmaintained.  http://www.openwebdesign.org/ is
> another very similar site, but the 25kb size limit isn't something I
> want to commit to... plus it looks like one or the other of the above
> websites is just ripping off the other one...

25k on CSS, or the whole site?

> Can anyone think of similar (maybe even better) places to release
> template designs?  I'd prefer not to create a website and promote it
> just to make available 5 to 10 designs of a widely varying nature, and I
> don't want the designs to go completely unused forever.

Maybe Jakob would accept a nice design in keeping with maximum
accessibility and usability. He's surely long overdue for something to
change. http://www.useit.com/

I think I have several old table-based non-profits on
http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/shame.html that could appreciate same.
--
"All have sinned & fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409