[thelist] moving MySQL db to new server breaks querystring contents?

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Fri Jun 2 08:26:59 CDT 2006

moving mysql from box A, where the db was on the same box as the php
pages, to boxes B and C, where B has the php and C has the database.

domain name still points to box A, but B is available at an IP addresss
(which I can't share 'cause I haven't yet gotten permission from the
lead dev on this task)

on box A, pages with lists of items sort just fine; column headings are
links to

    page.php?sort=city

for instance, which sorts the results by city, of course

on box B, the code is identical except the db connection, which must be
working 'cause the data displays. but even though the links spit the
right URL, $sort is empty.

Is this caused by some security issue with the domain name not being on
box B, or is there some other obvious cause?

thanks

joel