[thelist] Web Development Machine

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Fri Jun 2 12:51:12 CDT 2006

> From: Anthony Baratta
> That said - I'd recommmend you look at virtualization. I
> believe there is software for the Mac OS that allows you to
> run windows within the Mac OS.

Bah.  Why bother all the headache that comes with virtualization even today?
Pick up a really nice machine for your work, and get a used one for the
"other."  E.g. get a good with Windows (or Linux, and boot Windows with
VMWare), and pick up a Mac Mini for a few hundred; Or vice versa, get a good
Mac and pick up a used Dell for testing on Windows.  Use the spare machine
as a print server, as a "closet" for rarely-used files, etc.

PS - Anthony, why do your posts so often get duplicated lately?

--
Max Schwanekamp
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/