[thelist] Firefox, layers, form elements are showing through....[SOLVED]

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Mon Jun 5 15:47:15 CDT 2006

OK - got it.

I still think it's a browser bug, but I have a clean work around for it now. Here's how the check box columns were previously setup in HTML:

rinse, lather, repeat.

After dinking around with static text I moved the hidden div to outside the container div. Problem went away.

And there was much rejoicing.

Apparently, Firefox doesn't like hidden divs within floated divs to be positioned absolutely. Anyway - this solves the cross browser issue. But I still think it's a browser bug with Firefox. Hopefully my bug report to Bugzilla and follow up information will help.

Thanks for the help.