[thelist] arguments pro css & xhtml / con tables

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Thu Jun 8 01:15:14 CDT 2006

Robert O'Rourke wrote:

>     All of those are valid reasons but the main thing you need to
> stipulate to them is the fact that using table based layouts these days
> is tantamount to them saying 'we don't care about disabled users'.

While supporting the use of CSS layout over tables, I'm sorry to have to
contradict you; your comment above is incorrect. There are generally no
significant accessibility problems resulting from the use of tables. It
really isn't something to worry about. Use CSS for other reasons.

--
zStudio - Web development and accessibility
- http://zStudio.co.uk