[thelist] Text Comparison

Hershel Robinson hershel at galleryrobinson.com
Thu Jun 8 09:59:42 CDT 2006

I have a potential new project--a text comparison engine. The input will
be various versions of texts such as this:

1 To be  or     not to be that is the question.
2 To     or     not       that's  the question.
3 To been or to         bend   is the question.

The job of the algorithm is to accept input such as that, but of course
without the added spaces, and to basically just add the spaces. The
system will need to compare all the inputted texts (more than 3 in
reality) and find the matching words and print out all the texts in a
structure something like the above. No one text will be defined as the
authoritative--all texts must be compared and aligned as shown.

The task requirements are not actually specifically for a website, but
since that's what I have been coding for the past few years, that seems
the easiest approach for me.

Is anyone aware of any existing PHP tools that would help with such a task?

Any other suggestions/advice are appreciated. :)

Thank you,
Hershel

--
Gallery Robinson Web Services