[thelist] arguments pro css & xhtml / con tables

Ben Glassman bglassman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 08:08:16 CDT 2006

> With regard to CSS, content order is usually no better than with layout
> tables unless the designer has some pretty good accessibility knowledge
> and has made the effort to prioritise this.

I am very curious to hear your take on what the best order for content
is from an accessibility standpoint. Currently, I believe I try to use
the following order in my CSS based layouts.

Home link
Skip navigation link
Navigation
Content
Footer/Redundant Top Level Navigation

> There are many other problems found in CSS layout pages, like excessive
> numbers of links on a page, which are a much greater problem than
> content order anyway.

When you say "links" are you referring to externally linked files?

Ben