[thelist] target _blank was :Re: Default Doc type

Birdie bird at koolfish.com
Sun Jun 11 09:55:09 CDT 2006

Ben wrote:

"or if I know the client will be editing the pages, and in all

likelihood will be adding tags or attributes (such as target _blank) that
are deprecated in XHTML strict 1.0. I would say its better to

give them a more flexible doctype that is less likely to become invalid html
due to their editing."

So what is the syntax to use instead of target _blank if you want to open a
new browser window ? When I read
http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_links.asp

It still gives imformation for using this.

Thanks

Lisa

Ps. Thanks for all those who replied re the doc type question, it has geiven
me some good pointers for reading and food for thought to digest.