[thelist] target _blank was :Re: Default Doc type

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 01:42:37 CDT 2006

> This may help:
> http://www.tjkdesign.com/articles/popup_window_with_no_extra_markup.asp
>
> Thanks Thierry, there is so much good information on your site for someone
> like me, who has fallen behind the times and is now playing catchup! (blame
> the kids :)) I must get round to reading it. It is indeed a great help.
>
> Thanks
>
> Lisa

Always remember though that the very _idea_ of XHTML 1.1 strict
discourages target not because of spite, but because it is meant to
work in more than just browsers. XML does not expect several windows
to be available and neither does XHTML 1.1 strict.

You also don't really need popups any longer:

http://www.onlinetools.org/tools/dominclude/
http://blogus.xilinus.com/beta/doc/index.html

Hacking around that idea - letting the USER decide when to open a new
window - is not necessarily embracing evolution of a technology.

More stuff like this:
http://www.wait-till-i.com/index.php?p=136 (What can be done with
different standards)
http://www.wait-till-i.com/index.php?p=172 (CSS is easy if you