[thelist] Web App GUI

Hershel Robinson hershel at galleryrobinson.com
Mon Jun 12 14:43:34 CDT 2006

> http://developer.yahoo.com/ypatterns/

Very interesting.

> XP look:
> http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/panel-xp.ht
>
> Aqua look:
> http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/panel-aqua.html
>
> Independent look:
> http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/dialog.html

Very nice.

> Again, extremely easy to do. Simply listen to that event and alter the
> height of the panel, or hide the panel and replace it with a closed
> state version.

The question is not how to achieve the effect--the question is how to
show the client different samples and see what he likes. :)

> http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/container/panel-photo.html

Excellent--I didn't look at the code, but as far as the effect, it's
very similar to lightbox, even better in some ways.

> And so far we've only talked about YUI's Panel component.
>
> See here for the rest: http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/

Looks good.

> Hope this helps. This kind of thing is an extremely interesting
> discussion. The way most people are developing "ajax applications" now
> will not last long, so it's good for all of us to discuss this and
> figure out better ways.

Yes, these are excellent links. I was not even aware that my.yahoo.com
has precisely what I want to demo--draggable windows with the X style of
rolling up into the title bar.

Thank you.

--
Gallery Robinson Web Services