[thelist] Distributed Wiki-like thingie

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Wed Jun 14 09:31:07 CDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 09:57 -0400, Fred D Yocum wrote:

> There is a proposal to distribute all of the documents as linked Web pages
> on a CD ROM with, ideally, a Web browser-based search function. This will
> enable any office with a Web browser to access the pages by following
> hypherlinks and by searching for specific topics. The manuals are written
> and managed by various departments in the organization. The personnel in
> the field do not need to -- indeed should not be able to edit the pages.
> Many of the offices do not have Web access so the manuals cannot be hosted
> on a Web server. Almost all the offices have at least one computer running
> Windows.
>
> This looks like a job for a Wiki but one that can be accessed internally
> while being built and "published" as standalone Web pages on a CD-ROM.

You must have missed Volkan's post yesterday:

http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20060612/182949.html

stand-alone wiki, fits on a usb drive!

btw, I read everything Volkan answers even if it's not related to
something I need at the moment, when it comes to great tips and ideas
he's a star, thanks man!
--
cheers,

        Mark