[thelist] flash list like this

Birdie bird at koolfish.com
Thu Jun 15 11:59:13 CDT 2006

Erik wrote:
Repost tour question/problem .... missed it. Thx.

Sorry for delayed reply I started watching the football!

Here is my question again for those who missed it:

I had to make a flash banner for a client (of which I am not that good at)
anyhow, its working fine for me on windows, IE, netscape, firefox and a bit
of a glitch on safari on MAC, but the main problem is that the mouse over
behaviour does not seem to be working at all when someone else embedded it
in their website.

Here is the problem in a nutshell: The link works fine, but the cursor does
not change to a hand so people don't know it's a link.

On my computers this works fine.
On safari the cursor changes to a hand when you roll over it but doesn't
change back to the arrow when you roll out, only when you then move it over
something else such as text.

I have put up a test page here:

http://www.koolfish.com/test/flashfile.html   which also has a link to the
site that the banner does not work on.

 If it's the same file, why would it work on my site and not on someone
else's?

 Another thing to note, when I sent the client the original swf movie, he
said when he views it the cursor doesn't change, but for me it does when
viewed on my computers.

Ben sent me a reply about the A tag being in the wrong place which I will
test for the banner that is embedded on the Bangkok webpage but I am still
wondering why my original swf file will play correctly in the stand alone
flash player but not in my clients player and also why is the mouse ouyt
behaviour not working in Safari.

Thanks for any other insights.

Lisa