[thelist] question about site titles

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Sat Jun 17 16:59:01 CDT 2006

Message from Kimberley Rivero (6/17/2006 04:20 PM)

>I've been reading a lot of Jakob Nielsen's writings on usability
>lately.  He says that the site name should be first in the title for
>the same reason you state, to facilitate return traffic from
>bookmarks.
>
>http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20020512.html

By the same token though, if someone asks for your address you don't tell them

USA
Texas
Dallas
Some Street 1234

Return traffic may be beneficial to the site owner, but not necessarily
most useful to the end user.

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/