[thelist] MySQL vs. VBScript - why type mismatch?

Canfield, Joel JCanfield at PacAdvantage.org
Mon Jun 19 14:44:15 CDT 2006

feeling stupid here; why am I getting 'type mismatch' from this? seems
to me that treating '5' as an integer should be working

code:
    strQuery = "select (cast(count(distinct u.LastName) as Unsigned
Integer)) as
    'AgentsWithStatsCount' from mxuser u, agentpresence p where u.userid
= p.userid
    and userprofilename = 'CallCenter' and IsLast = 1
    and p.starttime between '" & datDataDate & " 0:00:00' and '" &
datDataDate & " 23:59:59'"
    Set AgentsWithStatsNames = cnxZ.Execute(strQuery)
    If Not(AgentsWithStatsNames.BOF And AgentsWithStatsNames.EOF) Then
        response.write("AgentsWithStatsNames(""AgentsWithStatsCount"") =
" &
            AgentsWithStatsNames("AgentsWithStatsCount") & "<br >" &
vbCrLf)
        intLastAgent = AgentsWithStatsNames("AgentsWithStatsCount")
        intLastAgent = 1 * intLastAgent

and the page returns
    AgentsWithStatsNames("AgentsWithStatsCount") = 5
    Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'
    Type mismatch
    /+wip/zultys/AgentStatisticsA.asp, line 127

line 127 is the last line of my code block above