[thelist] While We Are on the Topic of SEO

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 09:08:43 CDT 2006

> *Really beginning to wonder if this SEO thing is really nothing more than
> hit or miss "best practices" devised by people who think they've figured
> out a way to gyp the system, albeit temporarily*

+1 on that.

I am sick and tired of SEO practices and ideas that linger around for
weeks on mailing lists.

A lot is plain wrong. The best SEO is just having good content, a
clean structure and a lot of links to other people and from other
people. Then you're in business. Any other hack stuff (linkfarms,
bridge pages, proxy sites) are bound to fail sooner or later.

Even all the good stuff we kept telling clients when we wanted to give
them a business reason for creating an accessible site seems not to
work any longer:

http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/archive/2006/01/the-roundabout-seo-test

So can we please keep the SEO discussion to those who love to talk
about it like http://www.seochat.com/ ?

It is bad enough that EVERY article submitted for evolt is about SEO...