[thelist] While We Are on the Topic of SEO

Andrew Kamm akamm at demicooper.com
Tue Jun 20 13:34:54 CDT 2006

> Keywords in meta data and content do make a big
> difference and that is exactly what I have. I also
> doubt, I spammed myself out of existence as I would
> not have a very high ranking on MSN and Yahoo then. It
> is something Google specific that is hard to lay a
> finger on.
>
> Thanks for the seochat link Christian Heilmann, I will
> repost my question there.

Well, I think that's debatable. From a recent article at SEOChat where they
tested meta tags vs. no meta tags:

"It seems honestly to make no difference whatsoever that a site may use meta
tags, or not use them at all.  We DO see, however, that a huge number of
meta keywords or stuffed keyword tags, or any other spam areas ARE being
assessed and penalized."

http://tinyurl.com/zq7q4

--
Andrew Kamm