[thelist] laptop

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Thu Jun 22 20:05:58 CDT 2006

Hi all,

Prob OT (so I'll include a tip)
I'm looking to buy my first laptop. I'm looking at getting my feet wet in the low end of the market and have about 4 machines (so far) around the same price point.

It will be used at home and on the train commute to work (power points available), so not sure how much time I'll spend 'unplugged'.

What should I be looking for? Anything to avoid (apart from the exploding Dell syndrome..)?

Paul

<tip type="PHP Framework">

Looking to keep up with those mouthy Ruby on Rails guys but don't want to learn a largely-unsupported server-side language?
CakePHP offers a fully developed frameowrk for Rapid Application Development(tm, c, r), as well as a manual and tutorials which are (mainly) helpful:

http://www.cakephp.org

</tip>