[thelist] Site copied

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Fri Jun 23 00:20:39 CDT 2006

Mark Groen wrote:

> I'm assume you are seeing referrers in your server logs to know the name
> of that page.

What's actually happening is that the scraper they used actually
converted the index.php of my mint[1] installation to an html file
full of javascript, but the server he's using is parsing all files as
php and the call to the htm is with a ?js  so what's happening is hits
on a couple of his pages *were*[2] being recorded as hits on my site.

net result I have had to disable my Mint stats collection.

his actions have broken my site functionality and are costing me money.

[1] Mint, by the way, is an excellent website analytics tool and can
be found here:
http://www.haveamint.com/
Mint: A Fresh Look at Your Site

[2] I have had to disable it.