[thelist] how to unset a css pseudo-class by javascript ?

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 08:26:45 CDT 2006

> I guess I used a wrong term. By timed I meant that this toogle() method
> is "sliding" the li.
> When I open the tree view on a defined node, my script first collapses
> all the li, before to re-open the nodes to the path to the node to be
> opened.
> It takes some time to do this, and the first half-second of display of
> the pages is not as beautiful as it could be.

That is a very cumbersome approach. I normally tend just to apply a
class to the UL when the page is ready that hides all the LIs...

.dynamic ul li(display:none;)

That way I don't have to loop through the lot, but simply let the
browser CSS engine do that.

> I consider this as improvable but very minor. I don't understand your
> idea of "callback when the animation is done".

In YUI you can define a function that gets called when the animation
is over, which makes it less likely for a timed animation to get out
of control.

> In my script "animation" is done when something is clicked but not
> during the onlad. At best, things happening during the onload should be
> "transparent"
> to the user.

I am not a big fan of animation on page load either.

> What meetings are you talking about ? an evolt meeting ? Where are they
> happening ?
> Its quite interesting to me, I'm a lonesome coder for so many years...

In this case I was talking about internal meetings about the YUI, as I
work for Yahoo :-)

There should be geek meetings in your area, too. Right now in London
it is getting pretty mental :-)

Upcoming.org is your friend.

--
Chris Heilmann