[thelist] Robot submitting form?

Portman mrport at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 3 20:29:01 CDT 2006

Hi,

My boss had me put a subscribe form on her website. We then noticed that she would get a lot of blank e-mails. I was sure that it was a robot that submitted them. I have a JavaScript on the page to prevent people from submitting an empty form, but if they have JavaScript turned off, the form will submit but will have the following in it:

Subscriber Information:

Name:

E-mail:

When the form comes through from the robot submission, all that comes through is:

Subscriber Information:

I then added some code to include the referring URL and when the robot forms came in, that info was missing also.  Is there a way to find out for sure if this is a robot submission? I am sure it is but my boss wants "proof." Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Riva