[thelist] CSS Issue IE vs Firefox

Chris Dempsey evolt at cubeit.co.uk
Wed Jul 5 15:32:44 CDT 2006

Not sure which green bar you are referring to - there's a couple on the
site.  Cleaned up the CSS/HTML on my local copy so it now [almost]
validates.

Added:

#body { margin:0px 0px 0px 205px; padding:4px; height:860px;
overflow:visible; border-left:1px dashed #666;
	  min-height:900px; height:auto; } /* min-height:900px works nice in
Firefox*/

/* for Internet Explorer - ignores min height and expands to take whatever
content  */
/*\*/
* html #body {
height:890px;
}
/**/

Which appears to allow the Left side menu/button column to fit within the
body DIV when it is longer than the body content.

Also allows the body content to expand and fill the DIV when its on a long
page without it jumping over the top of the green bar at the foot of the
page.

Thanks all.