[thelist] Avoiding logging of bots

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Thu Jul 6 15:06:57 CDT 2006

> So, I'd like to have a database of known robot user-agents
> and/or IPs, so I
> can exclude them from the stats.

To follow up on my own post, thelist's archive showed me at least one thread
of a similar nature[0], and I realized more info may be helpful.  The script
I've set up is not to replace AWStats (which we use), but it's to allow
specified users to access realtime stats on particular tracked links, via a
web interface.  We don't want to give them an interface to log analyzer
data, or other more comprehensive stats.  These specific users have slightly
more than base level privileges, but they're still outside our organization
and thus their access needs to be quite limited.

Thanks again.

[0] http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20051031/177170.html

--
Max Schwanekamp