[thelist] video presentation

John Dowdell jdowdell at adobe.com
Mon Jul 17 13:25:12 CDT 2006

Bob Meetin wrote:
> Once someone has opted to run a video, what is a standard way
> to halt the program?  I would rather avoid JavaScript.

One of the nice things about Flash video is that there's no default
chrome, no box, no play/pause/volume controls. You can easily use any of
many "flv skins" to enclose your video, presenting such controls
(including a "stop" button) within it. No browser scripting needed.
Examples:
http://www.google.com/search?q=flv+%28skin+OR+player%29

Is this the type of thing you were seeking...?

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd