[thelist] Forcing a Maximized Browser Window

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 02:31:58 CDT 2006

> J.D.,
> I can understand... but as usual this a client request ; )
> If I do not find any reliable way, obviously it will work on IE only.
> Usability wise, you are right, it is better to give the user control.
> Anyway if anyone know a way to make this maximizing work in Firefox and
> Safari, please tell me so!

You can't. Browser vendors have agreed in the newest versions
(including IE 7) not to allow for hiding of the chrome any longer. The
reason is security: Any popup (and this is effectively what you will
do) will have the location/url bar showing to prove to the user that
the popup is from that domain and not a phishing attempt injected from
another web site. Tell you client that trying to work around this
might make his web site appear to be advertising, spam, or -even worse
- a security threat.

It's a user's internet - and I love it!

--
Chris Heilmann